|The Congress is For Sale|
Anything goes now. Anything. Corruption? Looting the treasury? Allowing people to buy and sell the United States Congress? Destroying the environment? Letting the bankers run wild?
the 1,600 page bill also includes a number of provisions intended to gain votes from both parties, including:
Good God. After poisoning the drinking water of West Virginia, the United States Congress has the temerity to cut funding for the Environmental Protection Agency. After disenfranchising millions of Americans, the political parties (the one that did it, the one that didn't raise enough hell about it) can line their pockets with donations ten times greater than those previously allowed.
- increasing the amount an individual person can contribute to a national political party from $32,400 to $324,000
- blocks the District of Columbia from using its own funds to set up regulatory systems for marijuana legalisation
- measures that would significantly weaken new regulations about risky financial instruments called swaps
- blocking certain Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations
- cuts in the budgets of the EPA and the US tax agency
- increases in the budget for Wall Street regulation agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission.
That's your new gilded age right there. Got money? No? Away with you then.
We're on our way back to at least two more years of this crap. It's like Bush never left office. I understand why President Obama couldn't allow the government to shut down but, damn.